For all you chemists out there, I definitely have your attention. :-)No, I'm not talking about mercury. . . . . . I could care less about liquid metal. Instead, I'm looking a bit more on the metaphorical side of "quicksilver". In English, the term "quicksilver" is often used to describe something that is difficult to hang onto; to ascertain; to grasp.
D/s often comes with this overwhelming sense of joy, peace, security. . . . . . . . . often described as a "glow". I've seen it time and time again, not only in my relationship, but in dozens of others.
I have tried and tried and tried to put a name, to define it. . . . . . . and I can pick out the emotions, at times, and the feelings, and the sense of security and well-being. . . . . . . but it is well-nigh impossible to wrap my mind around what it IS.
*simply* It's quicksilver.What is it to you? Can you define it?
Keagen, a very apt definition, and like quicksilver it won't hold still for you to examine it.
ReplyDeleteWarm hugs,
Paul.
That's a very apt point. . . . . Much like quicksilver, it's always changing, morphing, growing into something else. . . .
ReplyDeleteSo I've been MEANING to respond to this post!
ReplyDeleteMy understanding of this "Phenomenon" is really quite simple, I think. I perceive it to be a simple "connection." Whereas, this may seem insufficient, let me explain. I mean "connection" as a fundamental basis and anchor for a D/s relationship to thrive.
I wanted to label it "love." At first, but love is much deaper, and more profound. Love encompasses a complete, sacrificial love and will for the good of the other. This "experience" we're describing, from my experience, is present from the BEGINNING. It's a chemistry and connection from which love, submission, and trust is founded. It's simple, but this anchor and foundation is crucial. Without an anchor, attempts for a dynamic, full-fledged, growing D/s relationship to grow, will be thrown off its center. Without a center and foundation, which is this "glow," "connection," or "chemistry," D/s does not flourish to it's full potential.
My 2 cents :)
p.s. As the foundation, it continues to remain present and give meaning throughout the entire relationship. It is not merely a starting point that is an immature stage of development. The electricity and life continues to send shock waves through your system whether it's the first or hundredth day. Every time is like the first ;)
ReplyDeletep.s. (I SWEAR last one!)
ReplyDeleteIt's the "soul" of D/s. It's the immaterial, animating part to the D/s relationship. It's difficult to "grasp" because it is immaterial, it is life-giving. But we can understand it and relate to it on the terms of our inner soul. D/s reflects this intimacy of two souls with one another that transcends the physical limitations. It is an immaterial aspect, that through it's flourishing, has the power to take on a physical appearance apparent in the "glow."
Whoa. . . . . you GO girl. . . . . Let me think on this, and I'll get back with you.
ReplyDelete